Ten Things You May Not Know About Me (Not that you asked…)
1) Beyonce has a new album. Everyone is using social media to say how brilliant it is…also asking if she is or isn’t a ‘feminist’. [Updated Dec 17, 2013 16:55 PM PDT]. I kind of don’t care because I expect to be disappointed. For some, Beyonce represents neoliberalism/corporate capitalism feminism that doesn’t challenge structural inequality the way black feminists such as bell hooks , Audre Lorde, and Patricia Hill Collins have defined a canon of [black] feminism……But girl know she can sing and dance and I totally LOVE the video “Single Ladies” because I think the dancing and choreography are brilliant.
2) I’ve never watched a MLB baseball, NBA basketball, or NFL football game (on tv or in a stadium) in my life. Nor do I have any desire to do so.
3) Am impartial about ‘the holidays’ and have never participated in Black Friday. I honestly don’t get the point of Black Friday. I am not comfortable receiving gifts, let alone gifts for any holidays that, for the most part, have been commercialized and exist to make CEOs richer in the USA…But I bust out the Nat King Cole xmas album every holiday season listen to it a gazillion times.
4) Have never watched Scandal or Breaking Bad. I guess it would help if I had a tv and cable I guess.
5) I wrote my first porn themed story when I was 11, yet didn’t lose my virginity until I was 25.
6) I have never had a cup of coffee nor do I wish to drink a cup of coffee. The smell of coffee has made me feel sick, since I was a child.
7) I can’t dance (despite being Black). LOL.
8) I am an agnostic and was raised in an agnostic household.
9) I use a bidet and poop with the door open (hey, how else can I monitor my newborn, 2 year old, and 4 year old?).
10) Am an introvert and am incredibly uncomfortable in social situations, but have ‘learned’ to be a better social animal.